This Page

has been moved to new address

Lovely ladies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Notes from Underneath: Lovely ladies

Notes from Underneath

A California girl in Chilsters (that's Chile to you)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

 

Lovely ladies

Can I rave a bit?

After writing an entry about how no one from the States was going to be traveling to Chile for my wedding and how upset I was about that, last night, three of them got together to throw me a bride's dinner ... just to remind me that though none of my friends could be with me during this time before (and during) my wedding, they were there with me and they are happy to celebrate with me.

And though I've said it before, I'll say it again - I'll look around on April 17th and be SO VERY happy to see the friends I've made here in Chile there with me when I get MARRIED! Married!!! There was a time when I first arrived when I thought I'd never even make friends with anyone, let alone have people care enough to show me that I'm not alone. But this year has proven just the opposite of what I thought when I first arrived. Between having them come out for my surprise birthday happy hour, sharing a joint bachelorette party with two fellow brides, attending their weddings and so many other little things in between, 2010 may be a year with below-par customer service in EVERY WAY, but the friendship category in 2010 is proving to be humbling.

Lovely ladies indeed ... as my life forms in Chile next to the one I love, having a solid set of good girlfriends leaves me asking for nothing more. Mad props to them! Thanks for the pastel de choclo, algae flowers and ice cream!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Awwww. We´ll bring you seaweed bouquets anytime :) Can´t wait to be looking right back at ya on the 17th.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]