This Page

has been moved to new address

Fun with the scanner

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Notes from Underneath: Fun with the scanner

Notes from Underneath

A California girl in Chilsters (that's Chile to you)

Saturday, March 20, 2010

 

Fun with the scanner

I've had a day to myself today and besides going outside for some needed beautifying, gym and taking Obi out, I've been indoors all day. So of course that means playing with the scanner, right? Right.

I dug up some old pictures of me to document on the blog (for future generations - hee hee!) and spent the afternoon scanning them into my computer. What I noticed is that I started out really cute, then got awkward ... then hit puberty and got MORE awkward ... and then got a little chunky ... then finished up where I am currently: the state of me.

Without further ado ...

This is little Dre with my aunt. Yes the pic is B&W because it's the 70s and we were in Chile. This is before I left to live in San Francisco.



From there, we hit up a few shots of when I was 3ish, the age I left Chile and arrived in the U.S.

This is me at a boat show, probably at the Cow Palace.



This is me at 3 yrs sporting a bikini...meditating I guess. I don't really know what I'm doing but am too distracted to figure it out with the fact that I was EVER so flat chested! Also, no joke, I have the SAME legs now that I did then!




Then I was 4 ...



After that - we jump to 6 ....




And my first grade school pic. Tell me you aren't digging the corduroy jumper ...



Then apparently my mom hacked my hair short for my 1st Communion when I was 7. The only time in my life I'll ever wear a veil. Now I'm thinking I probably should have saved it.



Ok, so now I'm warning you that from here on out, things get a little ugly. Don't feel bad if it becomes a bit hard to spot the cute girl that once was. I totally get it ...


My 5th grade class picture ... I was about 11 yrs old. Please continue to be my friend after this ... I had no control over the hair, I promise! My eyebrows look pretty dope though, wouldn't you say?



More awkwardness followed at 12, 13 and 14 ... within those years I also got a perm which I COMBED OUT every day... so basically I had a triangle on my head. I omitted those pics on purpose as I have much dignity left in me. [Note: the acid washed jean jacket was my prized possession. It zipped up!]




Then I was 15...the age when I landed my first real boyfriend. Apparently the awkward stage didn't help my love life as the second I was over it, someone wanted to date me.




From there it was a quick leap to HS graduation ...




Until the last year of my teens ...



Working my way through college and finally at the legal drinking age!...not that you can tell from this picture as I look 14 again! What can I say? I'll take this opportunity to point out that this is the age I joined a sorority ... and this particular picture was taken at the first sorority event I ever went to ... see below at my graduation pic to note what 2 straight years of drinking does to the looks.



Finished college a little later than most, at 23, but did it anyway. Here it looks like my age caught up with me, tackled me and added a couple more years.



Here's 23 post-college (i.e. not drinking every other day and actually getting some sleep. With my grandfather who passed away in 2005). If this doesn't speak volumes about what drinking does to one's youthful appearance, not sure what does.



Then I was 26 ...



27 ...



And finally jumping ahead to the big 3-0. It's been 3 years since I celebrated my thirtieth and I'd like to think I look pretty much the same. Besides, those pics are already digital so it takes all the fun out of the post!




The moral of today's post is this: one really does some lame-ass stuff when they're home most of the day on Saturday...
Another morsel you could perhaps consider taking home after this post is this: awkward stages hit everyone. So do a 5-10 pound fluctuations.
Finally, drinking every day makes you look haggard.

To end this lovely scan-filled afternoon, I'd like to pop in a pic of my beloved from when he was 3 ... just for sh*ts and giggles! :o) J'adore my little blondie!!


Comments:
Okay so I am jealous...it seems that after 20 you just decided to stop ageing...I wish I could say the same! Damn you have good genes!!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]